ABOUT this “Dance Groups” page:
- Part I lists a few of the regularly-occurring social dances in the Williamsport area.
- Part II lists some additional dance contacts (dance groups and instructors) in and near the North-Central Pennsylvania region.
Part I. Regularly-Occurring Social Dances: (Near Williamsport)
- 1st Thursday: Haywoods On The Green, Mill Hall
- 1st Saturday: First United Methodist Church, Muncy
- 2nd Thursday: Sons of Italy, Williamsport
- 3rd Saturday: Divine Providence Auditorium, Montoursville Rotary Fundraiser Dance (map showing which door to use to find auditorium)
- 4th Thursday: Country Store Cafe, Muncy
- Last Saturday: (4th or 5th) Pine Street United Methodist Church, Williamsport.
See the “MahoneyNet” Yahoo group email announcements for dates, details, plus many additional dances.
PaDanceNet.com has links to other areas.
Part II. Dance Contacts: (for N. Central Pa)
ORDER of groups listed: This list is ordered (loosely) from West to East, then south to Freeburg. Note that groups further east are listed on ScrantonDance.com .
- Altoona: Dancenergy Dance Studio, operated by Barry & Melissa Bollinger, facebook.com/pages/Dancenergy/932475483506173
- Altoona: Vertical Expressions In Dance/Dancing Dj’s, operated by Gene Kleiser & Debbie White. DancingDjsPa.com and facebook.com/dancingdjspa
- State College: Central Pennsylvania Ballroom Dancers Association – cpbdadance.weebly.com
- State College: Penn State Ballroom Dance Club, sites.psu.edu/ballroomdance and facebook.com/psubdc
- Pleasant Gap (east of State College): Dance Harmony, operated by Kevin Fee, DanceHarmony.com and facebook.com/DanceHarmonyStudio
- Williamsport: Gary & Bonnie Glidewell dance instruction, GaryAndBonnie.com . Operates in conjunction with Saint John’s School of the Arts.
- Williamsport: Mimi & John Troisi, MimiAndJohn.wordpress.com. These instructors are retired, but their website has many instructional videos.
- Williamsport: Tom and Valerie Inman dance instruction, InmanGroup.com , facebook.com/DanceInman
- Williamsport: Tony’s Ballroom Dance Classes, operated by Tony Tomke, facebook.com/Tonys-Ballroom-Dance-Classes-459779360800839/
- Williamsport LINE DANCING: Double S Corral LINE and Couples Pattern Dancing, operated by Rusty & Sharon Sechler, facebook.com/hepburnfirehall.linedancing (note you cannot see the current schedule, unless you are “friends” with this page). This group is approximately 80% line dancing and 20% couples pattern dancing.
. Nate F’s ‘Central PA Line Dancing‘ Youtube Video shows a typical evening.
- Williamsport LINE DANCING: For those of us who are 60 years of age or older:
Free beginning line dance lessons from 2 pm to 3 pm every Thursday afternoon at the Riverwalk Senior Center in So. Williamsport. More info on my Facebook post
- Montoursville (just east of Williamsport) -River Valley Dance, Choreographed Ballroom Dance Studio, operated by Frank & Sandy Hartzel, RiverValleyDance.com
- Freeburg (5 miles west of Selinsgrove): Pleasant Valley Dancers, operated by Jack & Natasha Holt, facstaff.susqu.edu/h/holt/dance
- Danville -Kevin Aucker & Cherylann Romano, no web page, previous flyer is on Kevin’s Facebook page at facebook.com/kevin.aucker.5
- Catawissa – Denny Starr hosts line dancing at the Cracker Barrel Bar & Grill (not the national chain), beginners Wed night & advanced on Fri night. Denny has no online presence, but info is on bar’s Facebook at facebook.com/catawissacb. This group is approximately 80% line dancing and 20% couples pattern dancing.
Archive Stuff (Old Stuff)
HISTORIC ARCHIVE: The older ‘Track2 DanceNet’ list of ballroom groups at track2.com/dance/ballroom.north.shtml has more details and photos, but much of the information is outdated.
DanceLiteracy.com has links to how-to Youtube videos for single-step swing, triple-step swing, and waltz.
- The SinglesDances.net website lists singles groups.
- Note that almost all the groups in the NC PA region have ceased operation.
HISTORIC ARCHIVE: The older ‘Track2 DanceNet Singles’ page at track2.com/dance/singles.contacts.shtml shows earlier singles info.
(This "Dance Groups" page was last modified 8/2/2018)