(This page last modified 10/27/2020)
ABOUT this “Dance Groups” page:
- Part I lists a few of the regularly-occurring social dances in the Williamsport area.
- Part II lists some additional dance contacts (dance groups and instructors) in and near the North-Central Pennsylvania region.
Part I. Regularly-Occurring Social Dances: (Near Williamsport)
- ???? 1st Thursday: Haywoods On The Green, Mill Hall
- 1st Saturday: First United Methodist Church, Muncy
- 2nd Thursday: Sons of Italy, Williamsport
- 3rd Saturday: Divine Providence Auditorium, Montoursville Rotary Fundraiser Dance (map showing which door to use to find auditorium)
- 4th Thursday: Country Store Cafe, Muncy
- Last Saturday: (4th or 5th) Pine Street United Methodist Church, Williamsport.
See the “MahoneyNet” Yahoo group email announcements for dates, details, plus many additional dances.
PaDanceNet.com has links to other areas.
Part II. Dance Contacts: (for N. Central Pa)
ORDER of groups listed: This list is ordered (loosely) from West to East, then south to Freeburg. Note that groups further east are listed on ScrantonDance.com .
- Altoona: Dancenergy Dance Studio, operated by Barry & Melissa Bollinger, facebook.com/pages/Dancenergy/932475483506173
- Altoona: Vertical Expressions In Dance/Dancing Dj’s, operated by Gene Kleiser & Debbie White. DancingDjsPa.com and facebook.com/dancingdjspa
- State College: State College Pa Ballroom Dance Events – scpaBallroomDance.weebly.com
- State College: Penn State Ballroom Dance Club, sites.psu.edu/ballroomdance and <facebook.com/psubdc> (link bad 10/2020)
- Pleasant Gap (east of State College): Dance Harmony, operated by Kevin Fee, DanceHarmony.com and facebook.com/DanceHarmonyStudio
- Williamsport: Gary & Bonnie Glidewell dance instruction, GaryAndBonnie.com . Operates in conjunction with Saint John’s School of the Arts.
- Williamsport: Mimi & John Troisi, MimiAndJohn.wordpress.com. These instructors are retired, but their website has many instructional videos.
Williamsport/Montgomery: Susquehanna Valley West Coast Swing group, classes & dances. For details, see their Facebook page at facebook.com/Susquehanna-Valley-West-Coast-Swing-2523812064300330 , or call Mitch Marcello at 570-772-9224.
. This VIDEO shows some of them dancing in the street during Sept. 2019 First Friday: youtu.be/zRxmIDodzCs
- Williamsport: Tom and Valerie Inman dance instruction, InmanGroup.com , facebook.com/DanceInman
- Montoursville (just east of Williamsport) –River Valley Dance, Choreographed Ballroom Dance Studio (aka Round Dance), operated by Frank & Sandy Hartzel, RiverValleyDance.com
- Freeburg (5 miles west of Selinsgrove): Pleasant Valley Dancers, operated by Jack & Natasha Holt, facstaff.susqu.edu/h/holt/dance
- Danville –Kevin Aucker & Cherylann Romano, no web page, previous flyer is on Kevin’s Facebook page at facebook.com/kevin.aucker.5
Archive Stuff (Old Stuff)
DanceLiteracy.com has links to how-to Youtube videos for single-step swing, triple-step swing, and waltz.
Williamsport: Tony’s Ballroom Dance Classes, operated by Tony Tomke, facebook.com/Tonys-Ballroom-Dance-Classes-459779360800839. Tony has retired, due to health issues, but the Facebook page has many great photos, due to the efforts of his hard-working assistant Carole Troutman.
HISTORIC ARCHIVE: The older ‘Track2 DanceNet’ list of ballroom groups at track2.com/dance/ballroom.north.shtml has more details and photos, but much of the information is outdated.